New Member Orientation
To inquire about a membership, please visit the Total Health Rehab & Fitness center, and visit here for a PDF of Total Health new member orientation information. All fitness assessments will also be conducted at Total Health Rehab and Fitness.
Before you begin the journey to your best health, the first step is gaining a clear understanding of your current health status. Every new member of Total Health undergoes a comprehensive fitness assessment so our fitness specialists know your strengths and weaknesses and any limitations that need to be addressed. The assessment can also help identify any potential areas of health or injury risk, track and evaluate progress, and determine effective fitness programs.
Your fitness assessment will contain a variety of evaluation methods, each designed to measure a different aspect of your health. Assessment tools may include:
- Resting blood pressure and heart rate
- Height and weight
- Cholesterol check
- Body composition, comparing lean body mass ratio to % body fat
- Grip strength
- Push up test, measuring upper body strength/endurance
- Curl up test, measuring abdominal strength/endurance
- Sit and reach test, measuring flexibility of back, hips and legs
- Treadmill walking test, measuring cardiovascular fitness
Your assessment will take approximately 30-45 minutes.
To help ensure the most accurate assessment possible, please follow the guidelines below:
- Bring your complete health history and a physician’s release if required.
- Complete your health survey.
- Wear comfortable clothing that will allow full movement and athletic shoes.
- For the most accurate testing results, do not eat or consume any caffeinated beverages for six hours prior to testing. Water is permitted.
- Do not drink alcohol for at least 24 hours prior to test.
- Do not smoke 2 hours before test.
- Do not exercise vigorously the day of the test.