Medical Care Unit
The Post Surgical and Medical units provide care for any pediatric or adult patient with an appropriate surgical or medical diagnosis both inpatient and outpatient. These are acute care units which move patients through the continuum to another level of care or home.
Important Aspects of Care include:
- Providing age appropriate and culturally and ethnically sensitive care.
- Maintaining a safe environment.
- Educating patients about healthy practices and treatment modalities.
- Assuring continuity of care.
- Coordinating the care across settings and among caregivers.
- Co-managing Information.
- Communicating Effectively.
- Utilizing Technology.
The ages of the patient population served range from discharged newborns to geriatric. Care is delivered through a modified team method based on the care needs of the patient.