Stillwater Medical only accepts student requests via myClinicalExchange (MCE). To create an account and request student rotations, go to https://register.myclinicalexchange.com Please note that a fee will be incurred after SMC approval of the student request for hours. This fee is paid to MCE for their services.
- Create account in mCE (do NOT pay for account yet).
- Create request in mCE at the Stillwater location where you need to go on rotation. Click on the tab labeled, “My Request(s)” and then click on the “New Request” button.
- If the request is approved, please pay for your account at this time.
- Complete the compliance that the Stillwater location requires before the rotation starts.
- Once you have submitted ALL your compliance requirements, you will receive an email instructing you how to obtain a student badge.
- You will have all your items complete and be ready to rotate when you see the word Complete in all four boxes of your compliance requirements.
a. Click on the link titled, “My Rotations.”
b. This will show you your history of your rotations, including past present and future.
c. Your most recent rotation will be towards the top of the page, and in each box you will want to see the word Complete for each item. If you see the word Pending, you can click on that word and see what is left for you to complete.
Benefits of MCE:
- Request clinical placement at our facilities online
- View your request status and preview rotation details
- Complete and upload on-boarding compliance documents
- Trackable workflow for rotations
- Verifies all safety and compliance requirements are met
- Automatic reminders when required items approach expiration
Requirements for Students
Students are required to provide ALL shot records prior to beginning student experience. If you do not have the required shot documentation, you will not be able to begin your scheduled experience. It is the student’s responsibility to pay for and schedule any needed shots. These shots are NOT provided by SMC Employee Health. The minimum required shots include:
- 2 MMR vaccines or positive titers
- 2 Varicella vaccines or positive titer
- 3 Hepatitis B vaccines or positive titer
- 2 TB skin tests done within the past 12 months, one of the tests must be done within 30 days of starting your scheduled experience
- Flu shot for the current flu season (for rotations during October-March)
- Additional shots may be required for certain departments
Please contact email@example.com.
Student Help Videos:
Stillwater Medical Center is committed to ensuring quality rural health care to the Stillwater community and the surrounding areas. Fundamental to this mission is our role in educating rural doctors. To further this fundamental mission, the Hospital works with the Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (“OSU”) to train medical students on the provision of rural health care in a community hospital setting. Medical students from OSU receive clinical training at the Hospital in a wide variety of clinical experiences, including in specialties such as Primary Care(Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics), surgery, labor and delivery, and cardiology.
Stillwater Medical Center’s collaboration with OSU is aimed at training medical students in a larger community hospital. We are proud of our 113 bed hospital that provides care to an underserved patient population, and of the wide array of specialties we offer. The clinical experiences available to medical students through the affiliation between OSU and Stillwater Medical Center allow students to witness and experience high level medical practice along with the quality of life that goes with living in a smaller community. Our affiliation with OSU allows us to advance our mission to provide quality health care to the local area through educating another generation of skilled rural health care professionals.