For Immediate Release
For more information: Shyla Eggers, Director of Public Relations, (405) 880-3000
Stillwater Medical Increases Precautions in Light of Payne County COVID-19 Case
(3/16/2020) – Stillwater, OK - As you know, due to a positive case of Covid-19 in Payne County, beginning Tuesday, March 17, Stillwater Medical will implement several precautions and safety measures to keep our patients, community members and healthcare workers safe from the potential spread. This is a very fluid situation and we encourage you to stay up to date on our Stillwater Medical Center Facebook page and website.
- Visitor hours will be limited to 10 am to 8 pm daily.
- Visitors must be over the age of 18.
- Visitors to the hospital and clinics will be limited to one support person at a time.
- Visitors will be asked to undergo a temperature check before entering any Stillwater Medical facility.
- Visitors will be asked to postpone their visit if they show any signs of illness.
- Entrances to the facility will be limited.
- The main entrance, ED entrance and one construction entrance (furthest east) will be the only visitor entrances open 6am – 8pm daily. After 8pm, the ED entrance will be the only entrance available.
- We are also limiting use of our waiting rooms.
- While people may want to use them; we will encourage social distancing and encourage 6 ft. between people.
- After 8 pm – front doors will be locked and all patients coming to the hospital will need to enter through the Emergency Department.
- Patients will also be screened for temperature at entrances and may be asked to wear a mask.
- For patients with scheduled appointments, if you have a fever and a cough, please call before entering any Stillwater Medical facilities unless you are having a medical emergency.
- COVID-19 Lab Testing
- While the state has lifted the testing restrictions, we currently have very limited testing supplies locally and nationally. We are working round the clock to secure additional resources.
- Resources for the home related to planning, preparing and responding to COVID-19
- Support Groups held at Stillwater Medical facilities will be cancelled until further notice
- Changes to Current Services
- Several departments have or will be making changes to their operations. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time as we continue to look for ways to keep our patients, community members and healthcare workers safe. Please watch for communications from those areas for the specific details.
While most people affected by COVID-19 experience mild symptoms and do not require medical care, older adults and people with underlying medical conditions are at higher risk for developing more serious consequences. Therefore, these steps are critical to reduce unnecessary risk.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time. We will continue to update you as the situation changes.