Stillwater Medical - Perry
Stillwater Medical - Perry Rehab is located within the hospital facility. We offer comprehensive services in the following settings: Outpatients (adult and pediatric), School-based, and Wound Care.
501 14th Street | Perry, OK 73077
Our mission is to provide quality, personalized, compassionate care close to home!
Physical therapy is available at SM-P Rehab. Common conditions that may benefit from physical therapy include, but are not limited to: sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, pre/post-surgical conditions, developmental delays, neuromuscular conditions, arthritis, workplace/sporting injuries, falls, dizziness, balance disorders, caregiver education, wound care and so much more!
Speech therapy is also offered at SM-P Rehab. Speech-Language Pathologists help individuals to overcome and prevent verbal communication problems as well as writing skills, problem-solving, memory/cognition, and swallowing function.
Occupational therapy is provided to ensure a maximizing return to home potential. Occupational therapists are functional and adaptive experts, bridging the gap between restorative therapy and compensatory equipment to ensure patients return to activities of daily living with the most independence.
Elizabeth Armstrong, PT DPT, completed her Bachelor of Science in Leisure Studies: Recreation Management and a Master of Science in Geography with a focus of studies on health and political geographies of Oklahoma in 2014 & 2016. Liz graduated from Langston University in 2021 with her Doctorate of Physical Therapy. She has worked with a variety of patients in multiple settings and has specific interests in neurological conditions, geriatrics, and serving the rural communities of Oklahoma.
Your first visit will consist of a comprehensive evaluation by a licensed therapist to determine impairments/functional limitations with your goals in mind. A personalized treatment plan will be made and a home exercise program established within the first few visits. The subsequent visits will focus on your treatment plan. Therapy will be provided one on one by a licensed therapist throughout your entire treatment duration. The staff will use evidence and experience-based treatments to provide you with the quality care you need to get back to life.
We work with most major insurance companies and are happy to help you coordinate your care with your provider or help you understand what your plan covers. For your convenience, you may download the Rehab intake form to fill out before your visit.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will my treatment plan include?
- Depending on your needs, you can expect to work with your therapist on muscle strengthening, pain relief due to a prior injury or surgery, improved mobility, interventions to help build daily functional independence, and one-on-one education.
What types of therapy do you offer?
- We have licensed therapists who specialize in many different areas, including physical, occupational, and speech therapy, pediatric rehabilitation, wound care, pediatric care, and manual therapy.
Are your services covered by insurance?
- Many insurance providers cover rehabilitation and therapy with a referral or prescription from your physician. We work with many insurance companies and are happy to help you determine if your treatment is covered.
What should I wear to therapy?
- It is suggested that patients wear comfortable clothing that allows therapists to see the body part that is being treated. However, we do have gowns available if needed.
How much will therapy cost?
- The cost of therapy to you will vary depending on your insurance provider, copay, deductible, and out-of-pocket expenses. We recommend that you call your insurance carrier to verify therapy coverage before attending therapy.