Stillwater Medial - Blackwell
Stillwater Medical - Blackwell Physical Therapy is located within the hospital facility on the second floor. We offer comprehensive services in the following settings: Outpatients (adult and pediatric), Inpatients, and Wound Care.
710 S. 13th St. | Blackwell OK 74631
Our mission is to provide quality, personalized, compassionate care close to home!
Receive big service in a small town! There are numerous conditions the physical therapists at SM-B can assist you with to get you back to living your life. Common conditions that may benefit from physical therapy include, but are not limited to: sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, pre/post-surgical conditions, developmental delays, neuromuscular conditions, arthritis, workplace/sporting injuries, falls, dizziness, balance disorders, caregiver education, wound care and so much more!
Your first visit will consist of a comprehensive evaluation by a licensed therapist to determine impairments/functional limitations with your goals in mind. A personalized treatment plan will be made and a home exercise program established within the first few visits. The subsequent visits will focus on your treatment plan. Therapy will be provided one on one by a licensed therapist throughout your entire treatment duration. The staff will use evidence and experience-based treatments to provide you with the quality care you need to get back to life.
We work with most major insurance companies and are happy to help you coordinate your care with your provider or help you understand what your plan covers. For your convenience, you may download the Rehab intake form to fill out before your visit.
Christian Patrzykont, PT DPT, completed his Bachelor’s of Exercise Science at the University of Kansas. Christian graduated from Rockhurst University in 2020, where he completed his Doctorate of Physical Therapy. He has a special interest in vestibular therapy and fall prevention
Marilyn Martin, PTA, attended Tulsa Community College for her Physical Therapy Assistant Degree, where she went back as a professor for some years. Marilyn has over 40 years of experience on the job. She has a special interest in postural and ergonomic training which makes her excel in back and neck treatments.
Shannon Spillman, PT DPT, Rehab Supervisor, attended Southern Nazarene University for her Bachelor’s and continued her education at the University of Oklahoma, receiving her Doctorate in Physical Therapy in 2015. She has a special interest in orthopedic and pediatric populations.
Kyla Sprueill, Physical Therapy Coordinator, manages the scheduling and assists with patients regularly, keeping the department running smoothly with excellent customer service.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will my treatment plan include?
- Depending on your needs, you can expect to work with your therapist on muscle strengthening, pain relief due to a prior injury or surgery, improved mobility, interventions to help build daily functional independence, and one-on-one education.
What types of therapy do you offer?
- We have licensed therapists who specialize in many different areas, including physical, occupational, and speech therapy, pediatric rehabilitation, wound care, pediatric care, and manual therapy.
Are your services covered by insurance?
- Many insurance providers cover rehabilitation and therapy with a referral or prescription from your physician. We work with many insurance companies and are happy to help you determine if your treatment is covered.
What should I wear to therapy?
- It is suggested that patients wear comfortable clothing that allows therapists to see the body part that is being treated. However, we do have gowns available if needed.
How much will therapy cost?
- The cost of therapy to you will vary depending on your insurance provider, copay, deductible, and out-of-pocket expenses. We recommend that you call your insurance carrier to verify therapy coverage before attending therapy.